FOLAMI AYEDUN IS AN UPCOMING SELF MAFE ENTREPRENEUR WHO IS INTO BOTH PHOTOGRAPHY AND ALSO THE CEO OF YOUTHSHUB,A YOUTH EMPOWERMENT SOCIAL NETWORK.
WE HAVE HIM BY OUR DESK FOR A BRIEF INTERVIEW ON HOW HE RUNS HIS BUSINESS AND PERSONAL LIFE.
SO TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF?
My Name is Folami Ayedun
I am the CEO/Founder of both YouthsHub ; the youths empowerment social network & Esoteric media; a proficient media agency
I was born on the 8th of June 1999
I am currently a student of the university of lagos
I am in a relationship
I love to travel and taking pictures makes me very happy
WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START THIS BUSINESS?
Alot of things inspired this business
But then then the area of concentration was majorly on the youths
I wasnt happy with how the youths of nigeria lacked support from the governments and other big firms / agencies / record labels ,and quoting adolf hitler “ He who owns the youths , controls the future” I thought to myself why not create a platform where all the youths could have the opportunity to have their skills/talents appreciated and noticed
And thus the idea of YouthsHub came birth
HOW DID U COME ABOUT UR BRAND NAMES?
Well for youthshub it just came
For esoteric media
Esoteric is my favourite word
A word that describes me
So i added it to what i wanted to do which was a media agency
Esoteric media is a media agency
Aimed at providing Proficient media needs
Which includes ; Photography , Videography , Ariel coverage , Professional models for brand shoots , Professional Dj’s for events , And also Artiste for performance , if needed event management.
HOW DO YOU ROLL BOTH BUSINESS?
Well As you know
Youthshub and Esoteric Media are very different brands
So it is quite easy
WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST PROJECT LIKE?
Well It got me a lot of positive reviews
Like alot of positive reviews and i decided to step up my game
TELL ME ABOUT D PROJECT THAT FORCED YOU TO BE INNOVATIVE AND CREATIVE?
Well there were lots of people asking me if i did studio shoots
And i kept on declining cos i didnt really want to be like other photographers who limit the art of photography to the studio
So i decided to turn my reading room into my studio , i hung my backdrop
Turned off the light
Got my soft box
Adjusted my exposure and i had one of the best studio pictures people have seen , in my reading room
HOW WELL WERE U AWARE OF THE BUSINESS BEFORE GETTING INTO IT?
Well as for youthshub i didnt really know much , i mean web programming itself isnt a business , its what you create thats the business , I just read a little about how facebook started and decided to go ahead
And for Esoteric media I had learnt alot about photography before venturing into it
HOW DO YOU STAY UPDATED ON THE LATEST TOOLS AND TRENDS?
Well i spend 2 - 3 hours of my 24 each day learning new stuff from the net and online tutorials
WHAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT PROJECT YOU ARE WORKING ON RIGHT NOW?
Well i'll say the YoutshHub App
HOW DO YOU BALANCE BUSINESS WITH SCHOOL?
There is Time for everything under the sun
But i push most of my work loads to weekends
And if its convenient for me as it comes , i do it
WHAT DO YOU ENJOY DOING IN YOUR FREE TIME?
I love being with my Girlfriend
It makes me happy and alot peaceful
WOW
WHAT DO YOU HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH WITHIN THE NEXT YEAR?
I acc have high hopes mehn and i know God would make them come through
I want youthshub and esoteric media to have reached phase 3
And ohhh the start up of my next big brand
CAN U GIVE US A LITTLE GLIMPSE OF WHAT THE NEXT BRAND LOOKS LIKE?
All I'll leak is ... transportation
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY TO THE YOUTHS WHO ARE ASPIRING TO GET INTO THIS KIND OF BUSINESS?
Dont give up on whatever youre doing
I know most of you all thinking blowing should be fast and easy
But honestly , rome wasnt built in a day
So keep on pushing till you make it there
And youll definitely make it there, i promise this
THAT'S ALL FOR NOW
THANK U VERY MUCH FOR SPARING PART OF UR TIME TO BE WITH US🙏🏾


Comments
Post a Comment